Tarp Crew Members are responsible for assisting in duties that are required to prepare a major league field for play. They are also required to assist with the game time duties and post-game preparation. Work also includes duties that are required during inclement weather situations. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Pre-game responsibilities- break down batting practice equipment and all other related equipment.
- Prepare field for game- Assisting with dragging the infield, chalking batters box and foul lines, installing new bases, raking, painting plate and rubber, watering infield, carrying tarps, and all related equipment off field.
- Game time responsibilities- Assist with infield drag during the 3rd, 5th, and 7th innings and any other duties required to ensure that the field is in its safest condition for a major league game.
- Game responsibilities during inclement weather- Assist full time ground crew with drying agents for infield, mound, and or plate. Assist with any duties that would provide the safest playing surface, this includes pulling all tarps on and off field whenever needed.
- Post game responsibilities- Duties include the cleaning of dugouts, bullpens, debris on field, ground crew locker room and break room; assist on field with tarps, hoses, and other duties that would be needed to shut down field for the night. Other duties would include the set-up, tear down, and clean up for post game events.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs.).
- Must have the ability to maneuver quickly and easily under changeable situations.
- Ability to quickly pull tarps and other related equipment on and off field. Ability to safely operate lightweight vehicles.
- Seasonal part-time on game days and other select dates. Hours will average between 25-30 per week.
- Must report to work 2 hours before game time.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- If necessary must be able to work long hours.