FINAL: Pistons 109, Bulls 95.
Reggie Jackson led the Pistons with 26 points, shooting 11 for 16 and closing the game in the fourth.
With 19 games left, the Detroit Pistons (31-32) move into seventh place in the NBA's Eastern Conference with the win over the Bulls.
Other game notes:
* Chicago's Cameron Payne was a major pain in the Pistons' butt off the bench, scoring 14 points and three assists. He was only 5 of 14 shooting, but four of his made baskets were triples.
* Aron Baynes had 10 points and five rebounds by halftime. He had a thunderous dunk in the fourth quarter that gave the Pistons an 87-82 lead.
* The Bulls shot 41 percent from the floor, going 8 for 28 from the 3-point line.
* Detroit won the rebounding battle, 48-37, and had 19 second-chance points off 10 offensive rebounds.
* Tobias Harris had 13 points and eight rebounds off the bench, shooting 5 for 10 and adding three assists.
* Before Monday, the Bulls were 5-1 this season in games Dewyane Wade did not play and Jimmy Butler did.
* Ex-Michigan State standout Denzel Valentine played 15 minutes, but was held scoreless on three shot attempts.
* Rookies Henry Ellenson and Michael Gbinije were inactive for the Pistons.