Administrative Assistant - Police
Salary $36,000.00 - $53,900.00
Under general supervision, serves as a training specialist within the Police Department to be responsible for general administrative and training activities. Additionally, leads business operations including clerical and related work.
Examples of Duties
- Analyzes departmental training processes, operations, and data to identify existing problems and recommends solutions.
- Evaluates the efficiency of existing training effectiveness and makes recommendations for quality improvement.
- Determines the form, content, and appropriateness of training activities within the Department
- Directs structured learning experiences
- Reviews documents to ensure adherence to appropriate format.
- Schedules the appropriate classroom and prepares physical setup including any audiovisual equipment
- Outlines course objectives
- Determines course material, study guides, and other instructional material
- Facilitates various training courses
- Represents the Department in contacts with professional organizations, private concerns, and governmental agencies, regarding departmental activities.
- Maintains confidential information.
- Supports Command staff within the Professional Education and Training unit
- Performs all other administrative duties as assigned.
Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in public or business administration, education, training or in a closely related area of study or other combination of education and training to warrant equivalent recognition.(Significant work experience in municipal business and office activities which has included administrative, procedural, or training responsibilities, along with college-level training less than an undergraduate degree, may be substituted for the college requirement. The weight given such experience toward meeting the education and training requirement will be based on an evaluation of the nature of work performed and training requirement.)NOTE: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for education on a year to year basis up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Experience:Five (5) years of increasingly responsible work experience coordinating general business activities and performing administrative duties. Experience with a board and legal administrative skills preferred.Two (2) years experience in development and facilitation of business, law/legal and communication skills coursework is required.
- Work methods, procedures, and training aspects of law enforcement
- Organizational principals, evaluation techniques, and training practices.
- Operating practices and procedures in the department indicated by the class title.
- Research methods
- Effectively interacting with departmental personnel and professional contacts.
- Conducting surveys
- Developing course materials
- Evaluating course effectiveness
- Meeting with Department personnel to assess and ascertain training needs
- Plan, organize, and conduct training programs
- Solve operational and administrative problems.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and written.
- Manage multiple priorities in fast paced environment.
SPECIAL NOTE: This is an at-will appointment, and the candidate selected serves at the pleasure of the Chief of Police.