Get the City to Pay for Pothole Damage

Potholes are really out here ruining people lives.  I can only imagine all the time its gonna take us to get from A TO B this summer because these roads have given us a preview of just how atrocious they intend to be. 

If you have be the victim of a pothole you can file a claim with the city…now look I can’t say you’ll get you money back swiftly but it’s worth a try right?


How do I file a claim for damages to my vehicle caused by a pothole?

Reporting a pothole is different than submitting a claim for damages caused by one. If you believe your vehicle has sustained damages on a state trunkline, from a pothole or other cause, you can contact the MDOT office in the region where the damages occurred, about filing a damage claim. The state will consider an award only for the damages beyond what has been paid by your insurance company.

Claims under $1,000

Upon receipt of your damage claim under $1,000, MDOT will investigate the incident. We will make every effort to respond to your claim within 90 days. Please be advised that the majority of claims are denied under governmental immunity laws.

The incident must have occurred on a state trunkline. Location must be specific to trunkline number, direction of travel, lane of travel, distance from and name of nearest cross road. Most state trunklines are freeways (i.e., I-94, I-96, I-696 or M-14, M-1, US-10, US-24, etc.). If you are not sure you were on a state trunkline, please contact your local MDOT office or county road commission to verify road jurisdiction. Claims must be submitted to the region or TSC office where the damages occurred.

More on filing your claim here

Kirby Gwen

Kirby Gwen

Want to know more about Kirby Gwen ? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on FM 98 WJLB! Read more


Content Goes Here